You just got a brand new Samsung Galaxy. Yay! But now, you might be asking yourself, “How do I transfer my data to a new Samsung Galaxy”? You’ll be able to easily transfer over all your essentials, like contacts, photos, videos, messages and more with Samsung Smart Switch. Smart Switch allows you to transfer content and data from an Android, iPhone, Blackberry or Windows phone to a new Samsung Galaxy.
Before you start, you’ll need your old phone’s charging cable and the Samsung-provided Smart Switch USB connector. We recommend having both phones at least 50% charged.
- Download the Samsung Smart Switch app on your old device from the Google Play Store or the iOS App Store.
- Plug in your old phone’s charging cable and connect the end to the Smart Switch connector.
- A popup will appear on your new Galaxy asking you to select an application for the USB. Tap Smart Switch. Next, choose between Just Once or Always. We selected Just Once.
- You may need to turn on File Transfer Mode on your old device if the content isn’t transferring. A popup will appear on your new Galaxy instructing you to do so. Once you’ve changed the USB preferences to file transfer, click receive on the new phone.
- Now, open the Smart Switch app on your old device. You’ll be able to select all the content you want on the new device and click Transfer.
- The content from your old phone is currently being sent over to your new Samsung.
For additional help, read Samsung’s instructions here.
You’re all done! Now, everything from your old phone should be moved onto your new Galaxy.
Be sure to visit Wireless Zone® to dress your tech with all the coolest new accessories. While you’re there, ask a knowledgeable sales rep whether your plan is right for you and what your options are.
Enjoy your new phone!