Just got a brand new Apple iPhone? You may be asking, “How do I transfer content from my old iPhone to my new iPhone?”
Apple Quick Start has made it easy to move all the stuff on your old iPhone – like photos, videos, contacts, messages, settings and more – from your old device to the new iPhone.
How to transfer your essentials:
- Turn on your new iPhone and place it near your current iPhone.
- You’ll receive a notification on your old device that say,s “Set up new iPhone. Use your Apple ID to set up your new iPhone” with a picture of the new iPhone. Click Continue.
- On your new iPhone, you’ll see a circle animation appear. Hold your current device’s camera viewfinder over the new device and center the animations. When you align the circles, it will show a message that says, “Finish on new iPhone.”
- Your new iPhone will ask for the passcode of your other iPhone. After entering your current phone’s passcode, you will be able to continue the setup process with Touch or Face ID on the new device, or you can skip and do this later. Enter your Apple ID password on your new device when prompted.
- Your new phone offers the choice to restore apps, data and settings from a recent iCloud backup, or you can update your backup right now and restore. To get the most up to date transfer, we recommend selecting “Update your backup right now.”
- Restoring from an iCloud backup brings over all of your content and exact settings, so your new iPhone will look exactly the same as your old one.
- Once you have performed your backup, you will have the option to easily transfer more settings related to location, privacy, Apple Pay and Siri. We are skipping this for now. Keep both iPhones close together as your content is transferring.
For additional help, read Apple’s instructions here.
You’re all done! After your information is transferred to the new iPhone. If you haven’t already, you’ll need to disable Find My iPhone on your old device if you’re sending it in for a Verizon trade. This feature MUST be turned off in order for your trade to be accepted by Verizon.
- Go to Settings, select [your name], then iCloud.
- Scroll down to the Find My iPhone logo and click the slider so it’s no longer green.
- Enter your passcode when prompted. Find My iPhone is now disabled!
Be sure to visit Wireless Zone® to dress your tech with all the coolest new accessories. While you’re there, ask a knowledgeable sales rep whether your plan is right for you and what your options are.
Enjoy your new phone!